According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, 26 percent of Americans participating in the survey reported they, or someone in their household, had trouble paying their medical bills in 2015. With a quarter of US adults struggling to pay their bills, how can you increase your odds of getting paid? The key to maximizing your cash recoveries is to secure payment information up front.
Other best practices that help drive faster recovery and a high rate of return include:
- Using automation to make certain your invoices are mailed on time
- Designing concise and easy-to-read invoices
- Offering your patients a variety of payment methods
- Calling patients to remind them of their outstanding balance
- Providing options to set up recurring payment and auto-pay plans
Generating several touches in a friendly and respectful way helps you keep your patients and collect more cash faster.